College Preparatory Math (CPM): The CPM Textbook website provides many support materials for students and parents. Below are these courses, organized by course for both Middle and High School.
Dr. Jo Boaler, a Professor at Stanford University, is a leader in the field of Mathematics Education. She has compiled a list of suggestions for parents, as well as a collection of recommended resources.
Additionally, there are many free resources available to help students and parents be successful in math courses.
- BuzzMath (Middle School): Buzzmath is an online math program for middle school students. It’s different from other online math programs because it incorporates interaction and conceptual activities needed to develop an understanding to mathematical skill and standards. Parents can track their child’s progress while students enjoy this game-based approach to learning math while earning points and badges.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps.
- Virtual Nerd: Virtual Nerd was originally developed as a supplemental learning resource for teachers and students, with a focus on middle and high school mathematics. Virtual Nerd’s extensive library of instructional videos is available to you at no charge thanks to the support of Pearson Education.
- Shmoop: Subscription site providing support for students with Tests, Courses, and Basic Skills. SUHSD provides an account for all students. Contact your student’s school or math teacher for login information. Want more info? What is Shmoop video.
- Desmos: Online graphing calculator that works on computers, tablets, and mobile devices. Graph functions, plot data, evaluate equations, explore transformations, and much more – for free!
- TI Graphing Calculator Tutorials: Texas Instruments Tutorials, including videos, for all the different TI calculators.
- Dudamath: DUDAMATH is an integrated environment for interactive exploration of mathematical concepts and problem-solving.